Tuesday, May 20, 2008

WHAT A CARPE' MOMENT

Ya' know what happiness is? Dancin' and playin' for an hour with both my beautiful, happy daughters: Donna and Billie Raye.
Jump Rope, Ring-Around-The-Roses and being the horsie for my kids never felt so exhaustively fun. I was also the Big Bad Dragon that was slain horriffically by Sir Donna, who saved Princess Billye Raye. WHAT FUN--FRICKIN AWESOME!!!!!!!
I can appreciate that now because it was not always so.
You see, I'm an addict and I'm being brought back to life again! Brought back through GOD, friends, family, my 12-step group, therapy and especially my wife Mindy- who has never given up on me.
I nearly had to loose everything to see that I already had it. The drugs numbed my emotions and senses and I avoided everyone around me.
I'm on the road to Recovery and I'm excited to be happy and at peace again. I've been gone for too long.
If you would like my story into and out of addiction, or just have questions about addiction or recovery, let me know in your comments.
Hmmmmm......... I think tommorrow the dragon's gonna win-regardless it's gonna' be fun!!!!!!

2 comments:

Don said...

Welcome back to your life!

Crystal said...

I love ya RAY RAY! I am so glad that you are still a phone call away! Stay shining and keep smiling! I have faith in you! You and Mindy know where I am!
Crystal